Sunday, October 26, 2008

Updates

Hello all! I'm updating more than once a month this time!

Kerry preached a really great sermon this morning about the Holy Spirit. We're getting a copy and I may burn some for those who want it. He coached his last game of little league football this week and did great. He really seemed to enjoy it and the kids liked him. :) He's staying busy with school as usual and will be starting a part time job in a couple weeks. Our pastor manages a business that does fundraising for the local school system (the kind that sells cookie dough etc) and Kerry will be working 2 days a week to help pack orders and deliver them. He'll work on Monday and Wednesday through mid December and then start up again in February.

Gabe lost teeth number 2 and 3 this week, all on the bottom to make room for 1 big adult tooth to come in. Makes mom and dad a little nervous if you have to lose 3 to make room for 1! We'll see though. I'll try to post some pictures this week. He enjoyed football this fall and is asking to play some other sports this winter and spring. We'll see when they start and if we can afford it. :)

Otto is doing well. He is very happy today because he got a little Bible (like the Gideons hand out) today in church from Thaddeus (our pastor's son). He was asking for one yesterday because dad has one in his back pocket and because as he said "I'm little and I need a little Bible". Thaddeus gave Otto a little Bible this morning without knowing he's been wanting one, talk about the Holy Spirit at work! Otto has carried it everywhere and opens it up to "find" the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ. He "reads" us stories about Jesus and keeps telling us that the scriptures are other words for the Bible. Guess he's learning a lot in homeschool and Awana's about Jesus! Praise the Lord! It really does warm our hearts to hear our kids singing praise songs everywhere they go.

I'm doing okay too. Getting bigger. :) Clinicals are over and one of my classes is coming to a close, so hopefully things will slow down a bit before the baby comes. My co-worker Mary threw a really nice baby shower for me this past Friday. It was nice to be able to get together outside of work and have a little fun. It was much appreciated. I am starting to itch a little though. I'm hoping it doesn't spread, but it does seem to be getting worse, although not as bad as with Gabe. Remember that rash!?! Praying it doesn't happen again, but I'm keeping a close eye on it just in case (not that there's anything I can do about it).

As for the baby, we have decided on a first name, but are still discussing the middle name. We gave the boys 3 choices for a first name several weeks ago and they both picked the same one. We'd bring it up occasionally to make sure they still liked it, and they never wavered. So now we're working on deciding a middle name. We do have it narrowed down to 3 choices.
I'm working on finishing up a few projects before he gets here like sewing a couple hooded towels, making "big brother" t-shirts for Gabe and Otto, and painting the letters for his room.

I think that's all for now. Pray for me this week as I have parts 2 and 3 of my root canal on Thursday. I'm not overly excited, but it has to be done. I'm just hoping it goes quickly and painlessly. We'll talk to you all soon we hope! We will be taking the boys trick or treating this Friday, hopefully it won't be too cold. We'll post some pictures as soon as we decide what they're going to be.

Have a great week!

--Erin

No comments: