Friday, April 25, 2008

End of week

Hello All!
One week down, One to go (until graduation)! I must admit I'm ready for summer break, eventhough I'll be teaching most of it. I'm looking forward to it though as I'll be teaching high risk OB/Peds to our part time students. I've been writing finals this week and finishing up paperwork. Grading careplans! Whoa! There's no easy way to do it (or quick). Lots of reading and marking and whew! I've also been doing some tutoring to help students get ready for finals.
My office is a mess, which drives me crazy. I hate working in a mess, but there's no other way to do it. I have to make a pile here and a pile there. I have one more clinical day, next Wednesday in first year OB. That means one more morning of getting up at 0430, I'm so not a morning person.

Gabe had a field trip today to the Children's Museum and Sangre De Cristo art center. Otto, Dad and I got to tag along. It was pretty interesting and fun. The kids got to watch a clay bowl be made and then make birds that will be fired and sent to the school for them to bring home. Gabe was quite the artist and put a lot of effort into detail and wings on his bird. Otto did pretty good too, but instead of "pressing gently" with the knife to create texture, ended up "stabbing" the little guy. :) It was still cute. I'll try to post some pictures of the adventure yet this weekend.

Kerry is going to be starting classes this next week and we have our first SHARE Colorado distribution this weekend. We don't have too many orders, but they assure us that it takes a little while to build up our distribution list.

The weather is really warming up and it's starting to feel like spring and early summer here. Which means we're having to water the lawn more. We've had someone out here to fix the sprinkler system because not everything getting wet, and you can tell. Kerry isn't fond of standing out there with a hose to water either.

We hope everyone has a great weekend!

Love you all.--Erin

No comments: