Saturday, September 20, 2008

Busy busy busy!

Hello all!

We have been really busy these last few weeks. Kerry is doing a great job teaching the boys in school. Gabe is writing cursive really well, still working on our first few letters, but doing a great job. Otto kind of hates the writing part, but does well. I think it's because he has to sit still. :) They both are really enjoying science and social studies. They're getting really good at math too!

Kerry is taking a very intense class about Acts and Pauline literature. There is a lot of reading, so he's keeping very busy there too. He is also going to be coaching Gabe's little league flag football team this fall. He'll have 13 little boys on his team, and as of right now is the only coach. :) He'll do a great job I know. He has practice on Thursday nights and they'll have games on Saturday mornings. He's also getting ready for a sermon on Oct. 26 on the Holy Spirit.

The boys have also started Awanas again. Gabe is now in Sparkies and Otto is in Cubbies. They each have verses to memorize and activities to do to earn their patches. They go there on Wednesday evenings and have a great time playing with other kids and learning about God.

I am still busy teaching. Clinicals started a week ago, so I have 12 hour clinicals on Sundays until the end of October. (I'll be 35 weeks when I'm done). It's with a 2nd year group and I've had them before so it's enjoyable. I am teaching during the week too, but am taking Mondays off and will start taking Fridays off after I get check offs done in a week or two. I look forward to M, W and F because I can sleep in on those days. :) I'm also teaching 2 courses online for Kaplan, so 2 nights a week I have to have seminar (or lecture) online. Monday nights and Wednesday nights while the boys are at Awanas. Those classes will be over the week the baby comes in November. I was also asked by the part time group to be the faculty speaker at their pinning in December (2 weeks after baby comes). I was very flattered to be asked and am looking forward to doing it.

The baby is busy growing! He's still very active, but seems to be staying head down. I can feel his feet in my ribs and his head hits my hip when he has the hiccups (a common occurrence these days). I am starting to feel more uncomfortable. This guy seems a little higher than either of the boys ever were at this stage and he "feels" bigger. I guess we'll see. I might be surprised with a little fry, but we'll see. My next appointment is Oct. 1. Dr. B will be on vacation that week so I get to see his nurse midwife, which will be fun. I've been having some contractions, but nothing regular or too painful for too long. When I think that 8 weeks from this coming Wed we'll have a baby it seems really close. But then I think of all that is going to be done in the next 8 weeks...whew!

Well, I think that's a quick update on our activities as of late. Hope all is going well with everyone! We love you all.

--Erin

No comments: