Saturday, January 3, 2009

Maternity leave ending...:(

Well, my maternity leave is ending this week and man am I bummed! The last 6 weeks went so fast. Our faculty week back starts Monday and then students come the following week. I'm sure I'm going to be a wreck and calling home at every break. I've really enjoyed my time off to be a mom! I loved having the energy to cook, homeschool, cuddle, play and be here. :) It seems like when I work (at least teaching) that I'm so drained by the end of the day that it's hard for me to come home and give as much as I'd like to. I even enjoying being able to do laundry while I was on break!
(Ok, enough of the pity party. But prayers are appreciated!)

We had a nice Christmas visit in Kansas with family. Zeke got to meet his cousins, aunts and uncles. He tolerated being passed around pretty well. We were all exhausted by the time we came home. A few of us (me, dad and Otto) got to bring the flu home with us. Thankfully it was short lived and Gabe didn't get it.

The boys are still enjoying a break from school until next week. Kerry has had projects all break for school and is working on a sermon for tomorrow. He enrolled in his classes for this spring. The end is in sight! I've been working some on getting ready for this spring semester. Not as much as I should have been, but it's too hard not to use every minute cuddling with my boys. :)

Wishing everyone a happy New Year! Love you all!

--Erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your first week back goes well. It is so hard to go back :( I will be thinking about you this week. Call if you have time. I love you and miss you all.