Friday, March 14, 2008

Hello All!

Okay, so we're going to jump ship on our geocities site and come here. We thought this might be a better way to keep you all up to date on our day to day lives since we never seem to connect via phone.

Things are going well with week. Gabe had another good week of school. Kerry is going to be my substitute in the coming weeks on Wednesday because I'll be teaching OB clinicals. He's going to do a paper airplane and model rocket unit with the kids. He'll also be teaching grammer and phonics to the 1st and 2nd graders in the morning. I think he'll do a great job, but he's not so sure. He's even been talking about volunteering to teach some math when he's done with his spring semester classes in a couple weeks.

Teaching at PCC is still going well. I'm ready for spring break though. I'm looking forward to teaching OB clinicals, but it will be very tiring for me. I have to be there by 0530 and then stay until 5:30 in the evening. I'm also finishing up my weekend clinicals, so the first week of April is likely to be very busy and exhausting. The good news is that I will be taking Fridays and Mondays off to replace my weekend time.

Otto is growing and learning. He's learning his colors in spanish. Mom Rosfeld gave us a really great devotional book for the boys that Kerry has been reading to them every night. The boys really love it and so do we!

We have successfully (sort of) starting a Share Colorado distribution site at our church. Share Colorado is a way to save on groceries by buying in bulk as a huge organization (country wide) and then distributing the food to those who order. It's very similar to Heartland Shares in Kansas and they have several programs there. Our first D-day (distribution) is in April. Kerry and I are still trying to learn some of the paper work, but it's a great project for us to work on together. There wasn't a distribution site in Pueblo West, so our church is able to fill a need here. We're hoping and praying it's successful. With such a small church I'm a little concerned about finding enough volunteers to do the distribution, but we've had at least 5 say they would help.

It's raining here today, we needed the moisture, but I'm sure the mountains are getting more snow. Hopefully it will be a green spring!

Have a great day! We'll try to keep this updated, maybe I can talk Kerry into posting some too.

Love,
The Rosfelds

No comments: